Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cheesecake.. with Blueberries



As I write today.. am thrilled.. writing after a month feels so so good...


In one of my earlier posts, I remember mentioning how 2012 has been a health - disaster year for me and the same continued... But now hopefully it's all good and I am back to cooking.. blogging.. sharing :)) .. so I thot this post should be something sweet ... Thus, sharing my recipe of CHEESECAKE with you... served with fresh BLUEBERRIES..




This onezz is for my sister... it's her fav dessert.. and I wish to make it for her soon...


Ingredients
Sweet Biscuits (I use Marie) - 250 grams
Butter - 125 grams
Condensed Milk - 1 can (400 grams)
Cream Cheese - 350 grams
Lemon Juice - 1/3 of a cup
Blueberries - 1 cup


Preparation
Crush Biscuits until powdered - add melted butter and mix well with your hand.


To set a cheesecake, you could either use a cake tin with detachable base or a round glass bowl with a flat base. In case you are using a round glass bowl, line the inner side of the bowl with aluminium foil (this will help in de-moulding the cake later). I used a flat base glass serving dish and lined it with foil. Spread the buttered crushed biscuit and press it well with a back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 15 mins.


Beat Cream Cheese in a seperate bowl till smooth and fluffy. Gradually add condensed milk and continue beating until smooth. Eventually add lemon juice and beat well. Pour this mixture in the refrigerated mould and refrigerate again till set. (best would be to refrigerate overnight)


Once set, de-mould by pulling the cake out gently along with the foil. The foil can then be removed.


Our Cheesecake is ready.. it can be topped with Blueberries.. Strawberries.. Chocolate Flakes.. any topping of your choice.. I used Blueberries :)) .. slice and serve..












Linking this recipe to Divya's Showcase - Desserts event..



and.. to Srivalli's Kid's Delight.. hosted by UK Rasoi



5 comments: